ITTT FAQs – How to find a job teaching English in Italy

ITTT FAQs – How to find a job teaching English in Italy

Italy is a popular destination for English teachers from all over the world.

To find work in Italy you should make sure that you are TEFL qualified first as most employers expect their teachers to be certified. You should also be prepared to travel to Italy before finding a job as most jobs are filled after a face-to-face interview. The main hiring season is September, so this is a good time to arrive. You will also need to make sure you have the finances needed to support yourself while you are looking for work.

Those from the EU do not need a visa or work permit to live and work legally in Italy. Non-EU teachers will need a visa and work permit, which are notoriously difficult to acquire. Therefore, thousands of non-EU teachers work on a basic tourist visa. Though not technically legal, it is common practice and rarely has negative consequences for those who do it. Options for those who want to keep everything above board and legal include a student visa which may allow you to work under certain conditions but you will need to be enrolled on a government approved course. And a working holiday visa. This option is open to citizens of New Zealand, Australia and Canada though usually only to people aged between 18 and 30.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *