ITTT FAQs – How do I apply for a student visa to legally teach English in Spain?

As a member of the EU, employers in Spain prefer to hire teachers with passports from other EU countries as the process for hiring non-EU citizens is incredibly complicated and time consuming. However, thousands of non-EU teachers do come to Spain and teach English each year. Some choose to enter the country on a tourist and technically work illegally. While this is common practice and rarely has negative consequences, there is an alternative legal option. This involves enrolling on a study course, usually a Spanish language course, and applying for a student visa which allows you to work legally for a certain number of hours per week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *